1. Where are you originally from (country and city)?
India & Delhi
2. Do you currently live in the same place where you were born?
3. What do you do for a living?
I work in a Logistics company
4. What kind of traveler do you think you are?
A short-time traveler, escape for a week from work and travel
5. What is important for you while traveling and why are you traveling?
Visit new, historical, places of relevance, meet other travelers, natives, know about the culture, try different kinds of food, be a part of the new society (which I visit), expanding my vision of life. The world is a family, we are all connected since eternity but we need to refresh the bond again.
I travel to know more about myself, to discover my strengths, weaknesses, likes and dislikes, my compatibility with people, to build up self-confidence, planning and to become more efficient with budgeting. Man is a social animal, so am I, I don’t want to give away all of my precious life to work, when I travel I be/work for/do things for myself, it gives much more satisfaction than money can.
6. What kind of travel advice would you give others?
Its advisable to do a brief study of the place you plan to visit, develop some connections through Facebook travelling groups, Couchsurfing, common friends. We should know what we seek for in that trip, it can be learning about the history, culture, or learning about the cuisine, language and so on. The traveler should have a budget and plan accordingly, yes he/she may look for part-time job opportunities/volunteering if available.
7. What is your next mission/trip?
I have not decided yet
8. What is the best place you visited so far?
9. What is a place you want to visit in the future?
That is a difficult question to ask from a person who has friends worldwide . It depends on the number of days I can avail leave, preferably in South East Asia.
10. What is your favorite place in your home country that you would recommend to others?
I have travelled whole of India, so its difficult to name a few. If you specify the city it’ll be easy for me to answer.
11. (If answer to Q2 is “No”) What is your favorite place in your current country that you would recommend to others?
I live in a different city, but the country is same.
12. Do you have any other tips or tricks based on your experience that you wish to share?
Believe in yourself
Instagram: shiv_the _explorer
Check out more Traveler Interviews!